Tuesday, April 24, 2018

What is Joy?



Last night when James got home, I retreated up to my bedroom. I was completely exhausted from making four different things for dinner and two kids who still refused to eat. I threw myself on my bed...thinking about crying. I opened my scriptures and started looking for peace. Peace came. From outside my window. I heard my husband playing with the kids. Every single person was laughing hysterically. There were balls being thrown. There was mischief being created. There were memories being made. I closed the sacred book and decided to listen to the sacred music coming from outside my window. The laughter never ceased. Each child took turns creating the peaceful music that I realized I could never tire of. My husband enjoying the dream that I imagined so many years ago before I became a mother. He was dressed in slacks, a shirt and tie. Straight home from work. I could hear that handsome man laughing with my kids and I could see him in my mind... in his handsome clothes. Peace. Complete peace. Joy? Yes.  And I had it right outside my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insecurity Starts At 3??

It happened just moments ago. Another Mommy Heart Sunk moment. My three year old is having a hard time starting preschool for the first ti...