Thursday, April 26, 2018

Then and Now...



All posts after this one, are from my earlier years of being a young mom with 3 and 4 kids. My husband was going through Medical School, Pediatric Residency and finally Pediatric Hematology/Oncology fellowship. It was almost four years ago that he were able to finally take his first, "real job" as a Pediatric Hematologist/Oncologist at Omaha Children's Hospital. We now have five kids and our oldest is now 15. The next is 13. The next is 10. Then down to 5 and finally, 3.
I took an almost five year break from composing our families memories. As I have been reading these old posts, my desire to be a better mom is overcrowding my desire for my kids to grow up...as I have been carpooling to four different schools all year... I've been thinking, "I can't wait for Will to drive....I can't wait for Luke to start Kindergarten....I can't wait...I can't wait...I can't wait." 
The truth of the matter is, I CAN wait. And I want to wait. These old memories have been forgotten all too quickly. Our lives have changed. We have changed. I am re-committing myself to motherhood. My greatest joy and certainly my greatest journey. Join me as I tackle teenage years...who knew?? 
I've never done it before. Unfortunately, I don't think I am very good at it. But here we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insecurity Starts At 3??

It happened just moments ago. Another Mommy Heart Sunk moment. My three year old is having a hard time starting preschool for the first ti...